Working in slow computer is frustrating and irritating. You might me looking some instant solution to make your PC faster. Here are some of the tips that can make you PC work fast instantly.
1) Disable Applications that are running in background.
- Press win + s and type s in the search box. Then select the app.
- Switch Off all the apps that runs in the background.
2) Turn off Search Indexing
If you turn off search indexing, this helps to increase computer on Windows 10. After turning off this service, you still are able to perform a search but it might take a little longer than before. To perform this process follows these steps.
- Press Win+ s
- Type services and click the option from list
- In the Service (Local) list, search and double click Windows Search.
- Set startup type to “Disable Status”. And click on apply.
- Right click “windows search” and choose and click “Stop” option from drop-down menu.
C) Turn off Tips from Notifications & actions
- Press win+ s and type “settings” in the box. Select settings from the list.
- Search “Notifications & actions” from the search box and click the option
- Uncheck the option “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option
4) Power plan
- Click on windows key.
- Search Choose a Power plan.
- Select high performance option
5) Disable Apps on start
- Click on windows on keyboard
- Type “Task manager” and click the option
- Click on Startup Tab
- Disable the apps you don’t want to start while your computer start by right clicking the icon.
6) Defragment and Optimize Drives
You can increase efficiency and optimize your drive to make your PC work faster by using this option.
- Click on Windows on keyboard
- Type “Defragment and Optimize Drives” and select and click it from the list.
- Select a drive to defragment and click on optimize. It takes some time to fully optimize.
7) Adjusting visual effect
- Click Windows + e
- On the right you will see This Pc. Right click on it and click properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select and click (or search and click) Advance system setting.
- in advanced tab click on setting from Performance option.
- In visual effect click Adjust for best performance and click on Apply
8) Update your device driver
Sometime your pc gets lagy due to older version of windows. The device driver needs to be updated so that it helps to improve your PC’s performance.
- Select the start button, then select setting>update & security > windows update> check for update
- If the status says “Updates are available,” select Install now.
- Select updates you want to stall then select Install
- Restart your PC
9) to make sure automatic page file management is turned on
- In the search box on the taskbar, type advanced system, and then select View advanced system settings, which has Control panel listed underneath it.
- In System Properties, select the advancedtab, then select Settings in the Performance area.
- In Performance Options, select the advancedtab, then select Change in the Virtual memory area.
- Make sure the automatically manage paging file size for all drivescheck box is selected. If it is, continue to the next tip. If it’s not, select it and then restart your PC by selecting the Start button > Power >Restart.
10) Pause one drive
To pause syncing to One Drive
- On the taskbar, look for OneDrive near the notification area.
- Select OneDrive > More > Pause syncing,and then choose how long you want to pause syncing your files.
- Restart your PC and see if your performance issues have improved with syncing paused.
- To resume syncing your files, select OneDrive> More > Resume syncing.
11) Check for malware
- Select Start> Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and then select Open Windows Security.
- Select Virus & threat protection, then select Check for updatesunder Virus & threat protection updates.
- On the Protection updatesscreen, select Check for updates to make sure you have the most recent updates.
- Select Virus & threat protection, then select Quick scan.
Wait for Windows Security to finish scanning for viruses and malware.
- Do one of the following, depending on the results of the scan:
- Run the recommended advanced scan. This scan takes longer but searches more extensively for threats on your PC.
- If Windows Security finds a virus or malware and can’t remove or quarantine it, contact Microsoft Supportfor help.
- If no viruses are found, restart your PC and try to reproduce the performance problem you were having with your PC.
12) Check Error in your hard drive.
To spot errors in hard drive causing low read and write disk speed, you need to perform a check on your laptop. Follow the steps below.
1) Press window + E.
2) Right click on C drive and select properties.
3) Click Tools, and check.
4) Click on Scan drive
5) After complete scan if error messages are displayed, follow the on-screen instruction and fix the error.
13 ) Free your disk space.
1) Press windows logo key and type disk cleanup.
2) Select drive and click OK
3) Check all the boxes and click Ok
4) You can delete all files and unnecessary files by clicking Delete
14) Uninstall unnecessary programs
Sometime your PC might have unnecessary and unused programs. To speed up your PC you need to uninstall them. To do so, follow these steps.
1) Press windows key and type Control. Then click Control Panel.
2) Click Uninstall a program
3) Right click the program that you don’t use and click on Uninstall.
15) Update driver
Common problem of slow PC is outdated driver. It is important to install correct and updated driver. There are basically two ways to update driver.
The first is to update manually. You can update by going to manufacture’s website of your device and download comparable drivers and install.
The second is to install driver automatically. Let us discuss this method.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the driver you want to update to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update all to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).